Grocery shopping in the Netherlands during the COVID-19 period has not changed much, but you should take into consideration the following rules once you arrive at the supermarket:
- You should keep a distance of 1.5m in the supermarket.
- Everybody is obligated to take one shopping cart or basket per person.
- Per supermarket a maximum number of people is allowed to ensure the 1.5m rule.
- Wearing a face mask is not obligated.
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow.
- Try to go there outside of the peak hours as much as possible.
Will you be going in self quarantine once you have arrived in the Netherlands?
When you are in self-quarantine, you should stay at home and not buy groceries yourself. Ask a person you know in the neighbourhood to help you buy groceries. E.g. a friend or neighbour. If nobody is able to help you, you can buy groceries online via the links below.
There are 3 supermarkets in the Netherlands that offer online grocery shopping and will deliver it to your house:
- Jumbo: you can pay by card, creditcard or Apple Pay
- Albert Heijn: you can pay by card (V-pay or Maestro) or Apple Pay. If you want to pay by an automatic bank transfer, contact the customer serice
- Picnic: you can only pay with iDEAL. If you want to pay by an automatic bank transfer, contact the customer service
The websites are unfortunately all in Dutch, Google Translate could therefore be helpfull to automatically translate the entire webpage.
If you can't find the correct information or have troubles with orderering, please contact Student Services via mail or give them a call. The are able to help you by giving tips about doing your groceries.