Grocery shopping in the Netherlands during the COVID-19 period has not changed much, but you should take into consideration the following rules once you arrive at the supermarket:
- You should keep a distance of 1.5m in the supermarket.
- Everybody is obligated to take one shopping cart or basket per person.
- Per supermarket a maximum number of people is allowed to ensure the 1.5m rule.
- Wearing a face mask is not obligated.
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow.
- Try to go there outside of the peak hours as much as possible.
Will you be going in self quarantine once you have arrived in the Netherlands?
Ask a person you know in the neighbourhood to help you buy groceries. E.g. a friend or neighbour. If nobody is able to help you, you can contact email@example.com. The buddy platform is probably able to help you by giving tips about doing your groceries.
There are 3 supermarkets in the Netherlands that also offer online grocery shopping and will deliver it to your house:
The websites are unfortunately all in Dutch, Google Translate could therefore be helpfull to automatically translate the entire webpage.