TEDxTwenteU committee member vacancy
Are you interested in organizing your own TEDx event at the University of Twente? Do you want to team up with like-minded students to put down an inspiring day filled with amazing talks? And are you motivated to spread ideas with the whole world?
Then become part of the TEDxTwenteU-committee!
What does this look like?
As part of the TEDxTwenteU-committee you will be working from April 2020 until April 2021 on the organization of TEDxTwenteU 2021, together with a team of 5 to 7 people. Depending on your role in the committee, you will make sure the best speakers are found and made ready for their talks, the venue is up and running and the stage is designed attractively. Next to that, you might be responsible for doing acquisition, treasurer tasks or leading the committee as a chairperson.
You will work on a part-time basis (about 6-8 hours a week), of which a part consists out of weekly meetings with the committee and part out of executing tasks to realize the UT's official TEDx-event. However, the hours spent can fluctuate per week, depending on your function in the committee and the period.
The role(s) - including associated tasks - you will fulfill within the committee will be one or more of the following:
- Chair: team lead, TEDx-license, chair meetings
- Communications and marketing: online and offline presence, social media, promotion
- Treasurer: set, control and decide upon the budget
- Event executive: planning, stage management, video during the event
- Logistics/event manager: contact with venue, ticketing, registrations
- Sponsorships: raising funds, set up collaborations, relationship management
- Speakers: enthuse, select, guide speakers
- Designer: creation of event logo, website, branding materials, stage design
What do we expect?
For this committee it is desirable that you meet the following aspects:
- You like taking initiative
- You have affinity with TED(x)
- You are available for a minimum of 6 hours a week
- You have good communication skills
- You have committee experience
- You enjoy working in a team
- You strive for quality in your tasks
- You have a good command of the English language
Where will you be working?
The committee is part of the Student Union (SU). This means that you will be supported by the office and board of the SU and you can make use of the SU-office facilities and meeting rooms in the Bastille. Next to that, you will be invited for the SU-community activities and you'll get your own SU-sweater!
Have you become enthusiastic about becoming the driving force of the next TEDxTwenteU event?
The deadline for the application is 7th of June 23:59 and can - provided with motivation, preference for (a) function(s) and CV - be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to know more about the committee, then visit the interest lunches. Dates to be announced. If you have any questions regarding the vacancy or TEDxTwenteU in general, feel free to get in contact with email@example.com.