Student life Bucket list
By now you most probably get it that there is a lot you can do at the University of Twente. We as well are surprised each time that the creative brains and efforts of students make sure that you don’t have to be bored. Big events, educating activities, and unforgettable experiences: they are all part of the student life of Twente. To make the most out of your student time, we have carefully selected a small amount for this Bucket list. You just don’t want to miss these! This list is far from complete, but you can regard to it as a good basis, which can yield you some beautiful memories.
- find a room in a fun student house in Enschede that totally suits you. And although the prejudice of gross student house is not correct (or you get used to it), you can also choose to live on your own;
- start your student time with the Kick-In and learn what the student life in Enschede has to offer to you;
- make friends with your new fellow students from your programme who came from all over the Netherlands and the rest of the world to Enschede. Just like you they chose for this student city in order to boost their academic and personal development!;
- become member of one of the more than 100 associations that we have at the University of Twente. Ranging from sports to performing arts associations, and ranging from study to ‘student’ associations. Or do you prefer to take part in activities from our world or business associations? Everything is possible! And in case you can’t choose, you can always become member of multiple associations? If you become member of a sports or performing arts association, you should remind yourself about purchasing your UnionCard;
- get your binding recommendation (in Dutch: Bindend Studieadvies [BSA]), in-between all of these fun activities;
- win 5000 euros with your knowledge, and that of your friends? That’s possible with Europe’s biggest student think tank: Create Tomorrow. In April 2017 the next edition is planned. So keep an eye on the Facebook page and the website;
- run along with the Batavierenrace! Running from Nijmegen to Enschede (over 175 km) in 3 squads either sounds like a great challenge or like hell. Yet, it’s an absolute must for your time as student. Join a team, create your own team, and enjoy this mainly fun student running contest. And especially for the non-sportive student, you can also get scheduled for a short distance;
- dress up in the most original outfit together with your friends and go to the Hubertusfeest in the city centre [zo groot is dit niet, terwijl alle andere punten volgens mij wel gelden voor 95% vd studenten]. This party has been a tradition for years, always taking place in November;
- sign up for the Buddy program, where you'll be linked with a Dutch student, who'll learn you everything about the Dutch culture. The diversity among the activities makes sure that you as international student integrates well in the Netherlands, but also that you can learn the culture of someone else closely. And most of all: you create global friendships in this way;
- become active! Develop your skills in a committee or in a board, increase your network, and build your CV;
- get your diploma and throw an unforgettable graduation party!