WHAT ARE THE MORE THAN A DEGREE AWARDS?
The More Than A Degree Awards is a yearly award show to celebrate student activism at the University of Twente. Students, boards and committees who delivered an exceptional contribution to the student life in Enschede are at the center of this large event. This year, the event will take place online on the 21st of October 2020. During the show, you (the audience) determines who will take home the grand prizes!
NOMINEES OF THE YEAR 2020
Most Active Student
- Wesley Joosten: Active at Vereniging Campus Kabel, Nest and Dispuut Yorinf.
- Anne Bulten: Team manager of Electric Superbike Twente and active at S.G. Daedalus.
- Danique Lummen: Board member educational affairs at I.C.T.S.V. Inter-Actief and active at the Kick-In, Ureka University Council.
Most Active First Year Student
- Noah van Dijk: Active in multiple committees of S.V. Arago, supporting his year and members of applied physics.
- Fatima González-Novo: Active at Buddy connecting international students with the Dutch culture and the UT, also active in several social services.
- Esmee van der Wel: Active at S.V. Arago, DHC Drienerlo and the Batavierenrace, thus supporting all the members of her studies as well as her sports association.
Most Entrepreneurial Student
- Marnix Riepen: Started his own company Quippr together with 3 friends, specialized in 'rapid prototyping'.
- Koen van den Brink: Co-founder of the startup Awaves, specialized in an AI supported DJ for the Dutch music industry. Past board member of the startup accelerator program Hive01, helping students with a business idea to begin with their own startup.
- Lefika Otisitswe: Lefika is co-founder of IMPULSE, providing organisations with a full-fledged carbon compensation service.
Best Full-Time Board
- Kick-In Committee 2020: Organizing a completely new Kick-In experience for our new students in times of COVID-19
- Electric Superbike Twente 2019/2020: Building a new electric superbike being only the 3rd full-time board, also helped in searching for new UT studentteam housing.
- 32nd board of A.S.V. Taste: Achieved to create a lot of solutions/possibilities to help people in need in these times, in coorporation with Present Enschede.
Best Part-Time Board
- 2nd board of Negotiation Project Twente: Teach valuable negotiation and communicational skills to students and organizations, bridging higher education and the business environment and attends yearly international events in which the UT is represented through global negotiation tournaments.
- OS Board 2019-II and 2020-I: Takes responsibility and comes up with own initiatives and ways to help boards and also all students, helped lots of associations during COVID-19.
- UT Muslims 2019/2020: Organises lots of activities for the UT and ITC Muslim community to interact. Took care of the well-being of their international members during COVID-19.
Best Event or Committee
- Alpe d'HuiZes by The Royal Pink Palace: Campuslaan 51 organized an event for KWF during the national lock-down, 72 hours of walking the stairs.
- Enschedays Committee 2020: Giving prospective students a chance for a room in Enschede in a nice student house, and introduce them to the student life of Enschede.
- 4th board of Connecting Hands: Organises events in order to connect refugees, asylum seekers, students and Dutch society. Became independent as of September 2020.
Are you also as excited as we are for the MTAD Awards of 2020? Vote here! You will be introduced to our nominees with the help of special videos. We will see you online on the 21st of October!