As a board member you have meant a great deal to the student community. It is not only important that you receive a financial compensation for this, but also that you get recognition for your work. This is why it is possible to apply for activism recognition which will be awarded in the form of an official certificate. In this way, you can demonstrate to future employers that you have spent at least 40 weeks working for a student organisation.
Your certificate is issued by the board of the University of Twente: the Executive Board. The Rector Magnificus, Thom Palstra, is involved with the activism recognition and signs all the recognitions personally.
- You are enrolled as a student at the University of Twente;
- The studentorganisation at which you were active must be affiliated with the University of Twente. Note: this organisation does not have to be a Union participant;
- You must have spent a minimum of 40 weeks working for a committee or a board;
- On average you have spent 30 hours per week on your committee or board;
- You write your own reflection report that has to meet the requirements;
- You submit this report within three months after the end of your activism year;
- You have not received this recognition for activism before.
Still doubtful about whether you are eligible for this certificate? Contact us in order to be sure.
Procedure and guidelines
When you meet these conditions, you have the opportunity to apply for an activism recognition. Before you start writing, read the procedure and the guidelines. In the procedure the entire application process is explained. In the guidelines you can find how the application should be written.
Is your reflection report finished? Then it is ready to be send to us. Use the button below to sent us the report. Your report will be read and judged by the Activism recognition Committee (AC). The AC consists of five students: Tijmen Vlogman, Nynke de Vries, Femke Witmans, Bauke Morra, and Maaike de Bondt.
The time has come! You have (almost) got your Bachelor’s – or Master’s in your pocket. When your activism recognition has been approved, you can send us an email. We will ensure that you are proud owner of your certificate!
If you have any questions or comments, you can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org!