Home » Subsidies and services » Subsidies » Support for student organizations

More Than A Degree services funds

We have created a services funds, meant for student organizations. In case your association or foundations runs into costs that were not anticipated, then it might be possible that we can help. Only organizations that are recognized by us, and are eligible to call themselves Union participant, can submit a request.

First aid (BHV)

Every Union Participant can only apply for this subsidy twice a year, to give students a BHV (in Dutch: Bedrijfshulpverlening) certifications. This subsidy can be used for both the core training and the rerun.


Personnel support

Do you need a financial advisor, bailiff, debt collection agency, or lawyer? We offer you a subsidy for personnel expenses that arise when employing these specialists. An amount of 500 euros at maximum is available every three years for this.


If you are an association or foundation that is still under construction, and you have heard that you are temporarily recognized, you can start drafting statutes. Also in case your association exists already for some time, it is possible that you like to make a change to your statutes. In both cases you will face high notary costs. Through a maximum of 500 euros, we hope we can give your student organization a small push in the right direction. This amount can be granted every three years.

Translation subsidies

An increasing number of students from all over the world are arriving in Enschede to study at the University of Twente. This means that it gets hard to keep communicating to your members or participants in Dutch. Therefore, it might be a good idea to translate your messages, documents, and website, to English. We offer a maximum amount of 350 euros per year for translations. You can both employ a translation agency or a student that speaks English very well. In both cases you should be able to provide an invoice and proof of the translated document.