Developing during your board term
It is important to make the most of your board term, and to learn as much as possible! Not just your own student organization profits from it, you profit from it yourself. Therefore, we have developed a programme for board members, containing interesting and free training. Through this Board Improvement Program (BIP), professional trainers help you in gaining all the different skills throughout this year.
How the programme looks like
Your activism year is kick-started with a board afternoon. During this afternoon we inform you about the rest of the programme, but also about all kinds of matters like the organization of the University of Twente, the Student Union, and useful contact persons. In this way you get a better overview on who to contact when you have a great idea, or when you’re running into issues. In the autumn, the first training month will take place. This month is all about topics like leadership and working together. In May the second training month will be organized, which is all about position specific training. During this month you for example learn how you can act upon your role as chairperson or treasurer as best as possible. Next to a number of training sessions, this mainly is a fun weekend. The right moment where you can get to know all other board members from Enschede’s student community. A nice moment for networking!
- board members from an association or foundation that is recognized by us;
- both part-time and fulltime board members are welcome during the board afternoon at the beginning of the year;
- both can participate in the training months in November and May;
- both can participate in the association weekend near the end of the academic year;
- fulltime board members have the right to participate in one board training per year. This training is with just you and your fellow board members of your association/foundation. If you are curious about what training you can choose from, all information is listed below.
Good to know
- in case non Dutch-speaking student board members take part in activities and training sessions, we will all speak English;
- there is a board afternoon during Spring, meant for student board members who start in February. In case you weren’t able to attend in September, we of course would like to welcome you.
- each board receives a Union Board Bible containing all information you need during your board term;
- you can of course promote the training months among your members. Committees within the association can develop themselves as well.
In case we have made you enthusiastic about attending the Board Improvement Program, you can subscribe together with your board. You can also contact us if you have any questions.
You can always contact email@example.com if you have any additional questions!