More Than A Degree initiatives funds
This fund is meant for students and student organisations that have an interesting initiative in mind, and is made available by the Student Union, Grolsch and Vrumona. The fund is made up of three parts: subsidy, loan, and guarantee.
An example of an initiative could be an activity, a multiple-day event, or a plan for a particular facility on campus or in the city. Specific examples are a festival, sports tournament or a debate. As a Union recognized association you can receive a maximum subside grant of 500 euros, and as an individual you can even receive a maximum grant of 3000 euros. The loan and guarantee have no maximum amount. In this case the finance portfolio holder will contact you after your application to discuss your proposal.
- is for and by students;
- is contributed to by the association itself;
- takes place in the future;
- is widely accessible by the student community of the University of Twente;
- is aimed at students, preferably UT students;
- does not involve recruitment activities.
When a subsidy grant above 500 euros is requested, the subsidy request must come from an individual student. This does not alter the fact that the initiative is organised by a Union recognized association. For a request from an individual student additional criterion must be met.
- the initiative is innovative
- the initiative is a one-off
What we ask of you
The use of the subside, loan or guarantee is linked to a number of requirements:
- The budget is transparent. When working for an association or foundation, then it is clear from the budget that the organization also makes a reasonable contribution;
- During the event the sponsors, Student Union and Grolsch or Vrumona, must be visually promoted. During sporting events only the logos of the Student Union and Vrumona may be visible; (the logos can be found below)
- No promotion of competitors of sponsors is allowed;
- Initially each subsidy counts as a guarantee. On the basis of the realisation a decision is made to convert it into a subsidy. If profit is made the subsidy is retroactively reduced by that much.
LOAN OR GUARANTEE
- The budget is transparent
It is also possible to seek contact with the University Funds Foundation if you have an idea for students, You or your student association can appeal here if you have an innovative or unique activity that you want to make happen. When applying, make sure to attach your budget. Details about this subsidy can be found here.