More Than A Degree initiative fund
Do you have a great initiative or do you want to organise an event? The More Than A Degree - initiative fund can help! This fund is especially for student organisations who have a cool initiative in mind and is made available by the Student Union and Grolsch.
Examples of initiatives include an activity, a multi-day event or a plan for a certain facility on the campus or in the city. Such as a festival, a sports tournament or a debate. So in short, a lot of things, as long as it contributes to our mission: "EVERYTHING WE DO IS DONE FOR OUR FELLOW STUDENTS - TO EMPOWER THEM TO ACHIEVE MORE THAN A DEGREE"
From this fund, you, as a Union recognised association, will be granted a maximum subsidy of 500 euros per year.
Types of initiatives
- Innovative initiatives: maximum contribution of 500 euro.
- Repetitive initiatives: maximum contribution of 350 euro.
For any initiative, the following applies:
- the initiative must be aimed at students, preferably UT students;
- the initiative must be inclusive, every UT student should have the opportunity to attend;
- the organisation is a Union participant;
- the initiative takes place in the future;
- an organisation can only receive a subsidy of the MTAD initiative fund two times a year with a total amount of 500 euros per year;
- the initiative cannot be recruitment activities;
- the event is registered within the SU event calendar;
- the drinks are ordered from Klok Dranken BV and must be Grolsch and/or Vrumona (see appendices A&B for ordering list);
- during an event, the Student Union and its sponsors, Grolsch and Vrumona, must be visually promoted;
- no promotion for competitors is allowed;
- own contribution of 10% of the expenses; If this is not possible, a valid reason needs to be given;
- the amount of the subsidy is dependent on the number of UT students based on the following table;
Number of students
Amount of subsidy (in euros)
Less than 30
30 – 60
Maximum 500 for innovative initiatives
Maximum 350 for repetitive initiatives
Before the event:
- A transparant budget, closing at zero;
After the event
- Invoice substantiating that goods are ordered from Grolsch and/or Vrumona at the Klok Dranken BV;
- Digital material (e.g. photos/videos) proving that the promotional requirements are fulfilled;
- Realisation of the budget.
The application for the subsidy will be discussed with the board within 4 weeks. After this, you will be informed whether or not the subsidy application has been approved. After the event, the organisation has 3 months to send the financial realisation, proof of sponsorship in communication statements and the invoice. The grant will be paid out after the assessment of these documents.
It is also possible to contact the University Fund Foundation if you have an idea for students. You or your student organisation can appeal to this fund when you want to realise an innovative or special activity. When sending your motivation, remember to include a budget. All details about this grant can be found on the website of the University Fund Foundation.