By Buro Winners
So, here we are. In a totally new situation, with a lot of new challenges. How to study at home? How to become productive with temptations like Netflix, Facebook or your bed so close? How to stay in contact with your friends, study mates and relatives? In the upcoming posts we try to help you with these questions and support you to make the best of it. This time on creating some new conversations.
Talk of the town
Corona is what we talk about. Of course it is. But have you noticed how much of our conversations are repetitions of things we already know, speculations of what new measurements will be like or how much damage the economy can handle? These are all important things of course, but you can get tired of them sometimes, because they are pretty much about the downside of this all, they are pretty vague and you can’t control them. So when you are looking for something new to talk about …
9 questions to celebrate the human mind
The human mind is gifted with the potential to fantasize, create stories and philosophy. This potential can help you get out of the current circumstances and create an imaginary world. In this world you can wonder around without the risk of getting hurt, getting frustrated or getting too close to someone. The next questions will probably provoke your genius mind. Philosophy on your own or together with others.
1. Imagine you would wash ashore on an uninhabited island together with 10 other castaways. What rules would you like to introduce?
2. In our society we think school is important. During the first time of your life you don’t even have a choice, you have to go to school. In our society we think freedom is also really important. What do school and freedom have to do with each other?
3. Could you become friends with a whistling kettle?
4. The good news: you win one million euros.
The bad news: you can keep ten euros to yourself, you have to give away the rest.
1. What will you spent your ten euros on? 2. What will you do with the rest?
5. Imagine: the next time you wake up there is a time machine in your room. With what well-known figure from history would you like to have breakfast?
6. The fact that something could go wrong demotivates a lot of people to try something new. What would you try if you knew for sure you wouldn’t fail?
7. If a UFO would land in front of your house and three aliens would knock your front door and ask you for a guided tour on earth, where would you take them and what would you show them?
8. What would Brussels Sprouts think of the fact that children don’t stand them?
9. Imagine: you would be driven around town on a flat trailer behind a truck. Everyone would come out of their houses and follow you to the city square. When everybody has gathered around you they would look at you expecting a speech: what would you say to them?
Enjoy yourself and have fun!