By Buro Winners
So, here we are. In a totally new situation, with a lot of new challenges. How to study at home? How to become productive with temptations like Netflix, Facebook or your bed so close? How to stay in contact with your friends, study mates and relatives? In the upcoming posts we try to help you with these questions and support you to make the best of it. This time about using quarantine time for reflecting on the most important aspects of your life.
There is people bringing Christmas trees in to their houses during this corona crisis. Because it reminds them of the cosiness that is related to the period around Christmas. A nice example of how we human beings are capable of doing the strangest things to entertain and fool ourselves.But hey, you have to make something of it somehow, right?
Christmas and the end of the year are perfect occasions to reflect on the previous period, checking your results on personal goals but also take a look from a bigger distance and evaluate the most important aspects of life. This corona crisis is a perfect moment to reflect on life as well, not just because you might have less to do, but also because a period of change is a perfect chance to move things around a little (or rigorously if you like).
The wheel of life
To help you start reflecting, please find attached the wheel of life. With this tool you can score the most important aspects of your life and check what needs improvement. Make sure that before you start scoring you create the nice Christmas-like atmosphere. To create some distance from daily practice, put some nice music on and daydream a little about your life. Start with what life was like when you were a kid and then move on slowly through all the next phases until you arrive at this moment. Now give each aspect of your life a score. Check what you think of your life, in general and specifically of the different aspects.
Celebrate and improve
Don’t forget to celebrate the things that are going well. And why not create some adjustments, some improvements on certain aspects? Depending on the aspects you want to improve, the following questions might help you with that:
- How would you like to feel more often?
- What would you really like to have more of?
- What would you like to create?
- What would you like to have more time for?
- Who would you like to get to know better?
- Who would you like to spent more time with?
- What about your body/health would you like to improve (muscles, stamina, weight, resistance)?
- What skills would you like to develop?
- Where would you like to go and what would you like to see?
- Where do you want to be within three years?
- What would you like to contribute to?
- How would you like to make the world a better place?
- What would you like to celebrate more often? And how?
Based on your answers make new plans for the future. Look ahead and make your plan inspiring.
Have fun preparing for the future.
Don’t settle for the ordinary!